Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Really Miss Sleeping


It has been so long since I was able to sleep like a baby. I hear that women in their forties have to deal with occasional insomnia, and then there is the "mom hears everything" syndrome too. Well, I have to deal with both of those issues. I was up until 5am this morning. I finally took a melatonin at 4am. So, I was able to sleep from 5am to 9am. As a homeschooling mom, though, there is no catch up time. The kids are still here, needing to have school and of course want to eat, and go through the regular motions. The worse part is that they are re-energized because they did sleep like babies. It could be worse, however, there have been nights when I didnt sleep at all.

So, on with the day. I hope to get to work on my Valentine Quilt today. I was given a Grace Quilt frame, by a wonderful women who had never used it and she wanted it to have a good home. Now that the frame is put together, it is screaming for a quilt to adorn it. Although, I dont have time to hand quilt all of my quilts, I am looking forward to having a framed quilt that I can work on a little at at time. It just seems like it would be so relaxing. I will post photos when I get a quilt top on there.

I am off to have some "shower therapy" and some good strong coffee....hopefully I can wake up and get productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment