Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Scraps to Quilt


In my last post I mentioned that one of my sewing goals for 2012 was to use a lot of my stash and that I've joined Pleasant Home's Sew Scraps Along. Well, I'm being true to my word. I had a bunch of Valentine's Day fabric scraps and I've been busy making a small quilt to lay on the back of our sofa. I would like to have a different quilt for every holiday or atleast every season. I'm sure my family will be glad to see the Christmas quilt go away for a while. I've been making my own pattern for this quilt and I'm loving it so far. I am thinking of adding prairie points. I've always wanted to add prairie points to a quilt and I've never done it. I will post pics of my progress.

Being a large family, we do not have Birthday parties for each child because, well, it's just a lot of work. We have small family parties for most birthdays. Two years ago I decided to have a Valentine's Day Party and let each child invite a few friends. It worked really well, because most people don't do much to celebrate Valentine's Day and most are available. It was so much fun that I've decided to do it again this year. So, of course, I have the party in mind when I'm making this quilt. I've also been making Valentine Pennants. I love pennants. I've made Birthday pennants, so we can re-use our party decorations and I made them for Thanksgiving as well. I just love these pretty pink fabrics. They just make me so happy.

I've got to get back to playing taxi driver for my daugthers and hopefully I can work on my quilt a little today, too. I hope you have a wonderful day and can do something for yourself today.

Happy Sewing!
Susan

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt! And I really love your pennants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pennants. Have you done a tutorial on making those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always wanted to make one of these for my children's rooms but now will have to make one when l have grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete