Sunday, January 29, 2012

A New Wreath and Pattern Testing

I am slowly but surely decorating for my girl's preteen Valentine's Day party. So far I've made pennants and table runners (see earlier posts) and now I've made a new wreath for the front door. I found a cheap straw wreath at a thrift store, for a grand total of $1.29 and I had scrap fabric that I used to cover it. I decided to tear the fabric strips instead of cutting because I like the look. I simply used straight pins in the back of the wreath to hold the strips in place. I finished if off by making 3 yo yo's and pinning them on. A very, cheap, fast and fun project.

After
Before

I tested a cosmetic bag pattern designed by blogger "A Heart of Mary". She will be selling these patterns in her etsy store. You can find more information HERE.


Gotta get back to my crazy life. Have a great day.
Happy Sewing!!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. That wreath is darling, Susan!! I love it! Pretty bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the wreath ... sometimes a simple fast project makes us feel like a million bucks !!! you can replace the yo-yos with other items for different holidays.

    ReplyDelete