Friday, February 19, 2010

Great Time at the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo


Connie Spurlock, owner of Sew Wonderful Designs

Today my boyfriend, George (a very patient man) and I attended the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo in Tampa, Florida. I have attended this event for many years, eight or nine, I think. Usually I take one or more of my daughters. However, this time I wanted to attend an important workshop and I wanted George to go with me. George is my encourager when it comes to my pattern business, Abby-Sue Designs. I have been in the process of designing patterns for over 2 years now, but have just not gotten things tweaked. I have taught many women how to make my designs, have printed the instructions, but just haven't gotten them ready to market. Well, this workshop was taught by Connie Spurlock owner and desinger of Sew Wonderful Dreams. She has designed more than 200 patterns and has been in the business for more than 20years. Her workshop was so very helpful. I went to her booth afterward and she gave me more helpful hints. She is a very kind and generous woman and very creative. While back at her booth, I realized that owned some of her patterns already, that I had bought through the years. Do yourself a favor and visit her website to purchase patterns or see her teaching schedule. www.Sewwonderfuldesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment