Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sewing For Easter



Yesterday, I made an oversize bag for a new mommy. I will post pictures after I give it to her. Today, I am thinking I really want to make something for Easter, maybe a table runner. I got some Easter fabric from my stash and I found these Easter embroidery designs that I got from Emblibrary a few years ago. I am always behind on holidays. After Christmas, I always think I should keep sewing from December 26th on, just so I will be ahead the next year. Allie has a great Christmas Thru the Year thing going on, that I hope to join this month. But for today, I am thinking Easter.

I am really enjoying being home with my girls again. That two month stint that I worked at the salon has given my a new found respect for the gift of being a stay at home mom. Of course it was very easy to walk away from since I didn't make any money. Regardless, it rebooted my love for being home. I am working on schedules and ideas to begin teaching sewing again. I am also praying for a way to one day purchase a long arm quilter and quilt for others from home. God will just have to drop one in my lap, but I have seen him do bigger things in my life alone.

I'm off to my studio.
Happy Sewing!!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Those are really cute embroidery designs, Susan. Can't wait to see the bag you made!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those designs - I think I have the top one! I really can't go to their site anymore, lol. I want it all. Do you belong to their birthday club?

    I know what you mean about being able to stay home. I've had a couple of part-time jobs during my mommyhood, and it just about killed me. SUCH a relief to quit them and get back home. I don't have a ton of energy and trying to do it all wears me out.

    ReplyDelete