Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crafty Like Mommy

As a mom, I look at it as a compliment when my girls follow in my footsteps (atleast my good footsteps). This is my youngest daughter, Faith. She is so very crafty. She is constantly designing Barbie clothes, making projects out of duct tape, scraps of fabric and anything else she can get her hands on. This particular day Faith had taken her paints outside and was painting a family of rocks. (smile). I think I will begin having some more sewing lessons with Faith, she certainly seems ready.

My oldest daughter made me very happy last week. She took one of my student sewing machines in her room, very secretly. When she emerged, she had single handedly converted a pair of black dress pants into a pencil skirt to wear to church. It looked really good. I guess she did pay attention when I gave her sewing lessons. It makes this "sewing Mom" very proud.

Happy Sewing!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! My son really loves my scraps too...I feel bad, cause he wants to give them away with staples all over them...and I just don't know if people will want them or hurt his feelings rejecting his offering. =(

    I should just let him give them away! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture! I wish my boys were creative with me....they were when they were younger, but then they discovered technology and all was lost.

    ReplyDelete