Friday, October 29, 2010

You'll Never Guess....


You'll never guess what I did today? I read! I read for enjoyment! I read without interuption! To some of you this may seem like no big deal but to this homeschooling mom of 6, this is huge!! I'm hardly ever alone and I am the kind of reader who needs complete quiet or I cannot concentrate. Well, when the kids are home, there is no guiet, so I don't read. I think that's why I like sewing and quilting, because I don't have to have complete silence for that. Not that I would mind...but you get the picture.

My four younger kids went to visit my exhusband/their father for the weekend. My oldest daugther stayed with me and we went to get our new library cards, since moving to our new town. I browsed the shelves, not planning on getting anything for myself. I did find and cross stitch pattern book, that I got for some ornament ideas. Then I walked past the Elm Creek Quilts novels and I grabbed the first in the series, The Quilter's Apprentice. I have checked this book out numerous times but never had time to start it. I began reading it last night and I am more than halfway done. I will probably go check out the second one tomorrow. My girls will probably come home early, so I am not sure what kind of progress I will make on #2, but we'll see. I really like this book and it makes me want to get my sewing studio set up so I can quilt. I hope to get it set up this weekend. I will let you know.

Happy Sewing!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading The Lost Quilter right now, no idea which number it is in the series but I've read them all so far! Enjoy your reading time~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those books Susan! When my boys were small, my hubby worked afternoons, so we continued something my mom had started - we read at the dinner table. Since I homeschooled, I figured it was fine, we saw each other all the time, lol, and hubby wasn't there to complain. Well, we've kept it up and my boys are still great readers. It was the only time I had to read, and I savored it! After dinner we would cuddle on the couch while I read aloud to them.
    You're going to love the whole series. I try to get them on cd so I can "read" while I sew!

    ReplyDelete