Monday, March 2, 2009

Finding Treasure!

Susie Orman, the financial advice guru has always said the first step to getting your finances in order is to de-clutter. One may think that one has nothing to do with the other. However, when people try it, they find uncashed checks, cards with money in them and all kinds of hidden treasure. Well, I have been on a quest to get my sewing stuff in order and to finish my UFOs. I was looking through some unfinished projects from past years of Martha Pullen's School of Art Fashion. I found a dress I had forgotten about. It is a 1930's Madeira Dress by Wendy Scheon. It is almost finished. The bad part is I cant find the instructions. I am going to call Petite Poche Patterns and see if they can walk me through. The pattern is now out of print, but they may be able to help me.

The best part about this find is that the dress is a size 6...the size my youngest daughter wears. Sadly, I havent made many heirloom dresses for my girls. Quilts...yes. Dresses...not many. I am posting a picture of this pattern. Mine is in pink...and I will post a picture of the finished dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment