Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm Still Kickin...



Wow! What a year this has been. My divorce was finalized and I am weaving my way through the life of a single mom (truly something I never thought I would have to do). I am making last minute preparations for Christmas for my five daughters who still live at home. Thing are shaky financially, but I have hopes of things looking much better in the new year.

I was feeling pretty blue today, having a little pity party. I have remained pretty strong for the sake of my girls, but today the stress of life and the Holidays have caught up with me.

I was asking myself what I could do to "shake" this mood. As you usual the answer was : I need to sew, quilt and create something. That is my passion, my therapy and my escape. My sewing room is in disarray right now, so I cant just dive into a new project. I know what I need to do. The kids are going to be with their Dad beginning Christmas afternoon and through the weekend. I intend to get my workspace functional. I hope to begin teaching some of my classes at home soon, so it is just a necessity to get organized. I will let you know how that goes.

I did make my Dad a quilt that I began a few years ago. I was inspired to finish it, frankly, because I am broke and I have no other way to get him a gift. I am very glad to be able to have it finished and given to him. I will share pics and some background on it soon.

For today, I want to remind my readers that the true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the Savior. Jesus is the reason for the season. May you all come to know Him and his love. Enjoy your friends and families and don't sweat the small stuff.

God Bless you all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment