Saturday, February 18, 2012

Made Baby a New Outfit

Baby's New Outfit
Side View
Yesterday was a very successful Friday Night Sew In. I actually started around 2:00pm and cleaned the studio a little because a friend was supposed to come sew with me. She never showed up but I got SEW much done. I made something I've wanted to make for a long time. I made a cover for my baby, my Brother 8500 sewing/embroidery machine. I bought her when I worked at a Brother/Bernina dealership many years ago. She is old in today's standards but she is very dependable and I love her.

I made my own pattern and used an design from Emblibrary. I had a glitch when it embroidered the "I". I was heart broken but not enough to start all over. I used fabric from my stash which is always good. I am planning on making a cover for the embroidery unit, hopefully, today. Then soon I will make one that says "I love Quilting" for my Grand quilter.

I hope you have an amazing day!
Happy Sewing!!
Susan

Thursday Think Tank

9 comments:

  1. Love your cover, great fabric! Spending sometime looking over your blog. Looking forward to see more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddy. I have been saving that fabric for years for just the right purpose. I think I made a good choice. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. Please come back often. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Maddy, your cover looks great - love your fabric with the reels of thread :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by, Nicola. I have just enough of that spool fabric to make another cover for my Grand Quilter. I really wish I had a little more of it. Thank you sew much for commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. I see more and more of those covers, they sure are nicer than the plastic cover that's on my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sewing machine cover is lovely Susan.. We were on the same wave link this FNSI weren't we? I think the fabric covers are so much nicer than the plastic ones they came with. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Susan,

    Great design on your cover. Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking to Thursday Think Tank! I LOVE the name of this blog...so cute. As for the cover for the sewing machine I am so jealous, I really need to get my act together and make one for my baby too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Cute Cover! I have a plastic one for my sewing machine and threw an old curtain over my embroidery unit. I have an old scrap piece covering my overlock machine. Sheesh, I need to get on the ball and make my babies some new outfits too. Your quilt is so pretty btw.

    ReplyDelete